May 15th, 2013
- Developed a steganography app for Android which is capable of hiding text in images
- App works by slightly modifying the red, green and blue values of pixels
- The algorithm was designed so that the new image is only changed by about 0.4% if it is fully populated with data. This means that there is no noticeable change in the image.
- The code for concealing data in images was very well organized and written so that the app was very efficient in the usage of memory and time. Not even a single byte of memory gets wasted, so the app can function in phones with low memory resources.
- Wrote the code for concealing data in Java and the code for graphical user interface in XML
- Performed extensive tests of the app with different image file types, different image sizes, different image orientations, different devices including phones and tablets, etc.
- Also made a Windows application with the same features by using the already programmed classes for Android
- Got about 500 downloads on the Google Play Store
Links on Google Play: